Black to Bright – Your Summer Shopping List
With summer just around the corner, women are veering away from their blacks and wearing their brights. Here are a few tips for transitioning your wardrobe to look fresh and colorful for summer.
As always, it’s less expensive to change your wardrobe with accessories. For summer, I love to use white as my foundation. Try pairing a white dress with a colorful necklace and pair of wedges. The look is fresh and by simply changing your accessories, you will have a whole new look. Have fun by playing around with any summer colorful shoes and accessories on white. You will be amazed by how many options you can come up with.
Here are the bare essentials for your summer wardrobe:
1. At least one white dress is essential. I suggest having one or two casual short dresses and a more dressy short dress for evening.
2. Two colorful necklace that can go with your whites or any other solid tops or dresses.
3. For your feet you will want a bold wedge shoe; a bright pair of sandals, and a knockout embellished, bright, or patterned heel.
4. Make sure you have a great bright summer bag. This is a must to mix in with your basics. You can even go with a print if you are sticking to a solid colored wardrobe.
5. A pair of white jeans looks great paired with a colorful camisole or top you already own. A skinny jean is the most versatile, as it can be hemmed ankle length and worn with flat sandals or heels.
For summer, less is always more. So simplify your wardrobe, add a pop of color, and go.